Alzheimer’s disease is a brain disease mostly occurring around the age of 65. This is a neurological problem in which the brain cells are lost due to loss of memory. This disease initially starts with mild forgetfulness but gradually becomes dangerous. It is also difficult for an Alzheimer’s patient to remember the events that occurred immediately in the initial stages. At the same time, old memories also slowly fade away. Alzheimer’s last stage dementia is quite dangerous.
What is Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease is a rapidly spreading disease that damages memory and other important mental functions. In Alzheimer’s disease, brain cells begin to form and die on their own, causing a continuous decline in memory and brain function.
What is the risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease?
Some experts believe that with age some cells of our brain get destroyed or mess in getting the message started. If someone in your family has this disease, then you are more likely to develop it. Apart from this, people with a history of diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and head injury are at higher risk of getting this disease. However, age is the biggest risk factor in this disease. This disease mostly occurs to those who have crossed the age of 60. You can become a victim of Alzheimer’s even at a young age. By reaching the age of 80 years, one in six people can see this disease.
Why does Alzheimer’s disease occur?
The exact cause of Alzheimer’s disease is not known yet, but according to some research, Alzheimer’s disease is probably caused by genetic effects, lifestyle and surrounding factors affecting the brain.
What are the stages of Alzheimer’s disease?
- Any symptoms or signs
- Mild cognitive impairment
How to avoid Alzheimer’s disease?
- Control your weight, take nutritious food, eat fresh fruits and vegetables in good quantity.
- Exercise regularly.
- Be mentally active, learn something new and develop new hobbies.
- Reduce your chances of heart disease by taking appropriate steps.
- Make friends and be happy.
- The symptoms of Alzheimer’s can be controlled by taking a Mediterranean diet (fish, olive oil, plenty of vegetables).
- After reaching the age of 40, you should include almonds, tomatoes, fish etc. in your diet regularly.
Alzheimer’s Disease Symptoms
- Have difficulty speaking
- Memory loss
- Feeling low energy
- Mood swings
- Inability to do simple multiplication
- Changes in personality
It is better if Alzheimer’s is detected in the initial days. If Alzheimer’s is suspected, get a specialist doctor to treat you. Doctor can guess it by talking to the patient. After this, the patient may have to undergo tests like CT scan, MRI.