Thyroid Test, Thyroid Treatment, Thyroid Symptoms, Thyroid Diet
Nowadays many people are suffering from thyroid disease. Hormone imbalances also occur with weight gain in the thyroid. According to one study, women have ten times more thyroid disorder than men. The main reason for this is that women are more prone to autoimmune problems. According to the health expert, thyroid hormones are essential for the normal functioning of body parts.
What are the types of thyroid?
- Hypothyroidism- when the thyroid gland produces hormones in small amounts.
- Hyperthyroidism- when the thyroid gland produces excess hormones.
- Goiter – This happens when iodine is deficient in food, causing swelling and lump-like appearance in the throat.
- Thyroiditis- It involves swelling of the thyroid gland.
- Thyroid nodules- There are lumps in the thyroid gland.
- Thyroid cancer.
What are the Symptoms of Thyroid?
- Dry skin
- Gaining weight
- Reduced sweating
- Decreased heart rate
- High blood pressure
- Swelling or pain in joints
- Thin and rough hair
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Muscle aches
- Swelling on face
- Premature graying of hair
How to avoid Thyroid?
- Eat a fiber-rich and low-fat diet to maintain a healthy weight.
- Keep doing some physical activity.
- Stress causes thyroid disorders to grow, so try to avoid stress.
What to eat in Thyroid?
Wheat and Sorghum
The use of wheat and sorghum can also be helpful in preventing the thyroid gland from growing. Wheat and sorghum are a better and simpler natural remedy to overcome the thyroid problem in Ayurveda. Apart from this, it also works effectively in preventing problems like sinus, high blood pressure, and blood loss.
Thyroid patients start feeling tired very quickly and they get tired soon. In this way, consuming liquorice (mulethi) is very beneficial. Elements present in liquorice (mulethi) make the thyroid gland balanced. They convert fatigue into energy. Liquorice (mulethi) also prevents cancer from growing in the thyroid.
Barley, Wheat, and Whole Grains
Consuming foods made from barley, wheat, and whole grains does not cause thyroid problems because whole grains are rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins, etc., which prevent the thyroid from growing.
Yogurt and Milk
People suffering from thyroid problems should use curd and milk more and more. The calcium, minerals, and vitamins present in milk and curd work to keep men with thyroid healthy.
Ginger is one of the things commonly found in the house. Its properties like potassium, magnesium, etc. get rid of the thyroid problem. The anti-inflammatory property of ginger prevents the thyroid from growing and improves its functioning.
What not to eat in the Thyroid?
Products made from refined flour such as pasta, Maggi, white bread, soft drinks, alcohol, caffeine, red meat, and more sweet things like sweets, chocolate.